Translate

image

image

Welcome to the Southeast Florida Chapter of the US-China Peoples Friendship Association

The National USCPFA organization is a not for profit California Corporation. We welcome as new members anyone who is interested in our goal of promoting friendship and understanding between the peoples of China and the United States and agree with our Statement of Principles. Membership includes the quarterly US-CHINA REVIEW.

A Copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free (800-435-7352) within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendations by the State. Registration #CH22688.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USCPFA - SOUTHEAST FLORIDA CHAPTER - (formerly PALM BEACH COUNTY CHAPTER)

USCPFA - SOUTHEAST FLORIDA CHAPTER - (formerly PALM BEACH COUNTY CHAPTER)

Our name was changed at our April 30, 2011 meeting from "Palm Beach County, Florida Chapter" to "Southeast Florida Chapter" because we now have members in several Southeast Florida counties and we wanted to better reflect our membership with a more encompassing name.

We have at least 3 luncheon meetings a year to discuss projects and business activities. Our luncheons usually feature a presentation by various Chinese interests. We sponsor students with scholarships and recently contributed to our chapter member Marylou Brunetta's participation in the World Championship triathlon in Beijing, China being held in September, 2011. For several years we have sponsored a Chinese New Year GALA with performances by very talented local Chinese Artists which is directed by our chapter member, Monica Shang who is also one of the contributing artists.

HOW TO JOIN SE FLA CHAPTER USCPFA

HOW TO JOIN SE FLA CHAPTER USCPFA
HOW TO JOIN SE FLA CHAPTER - download this form, print it and mail to the address specified along with your membership dues to become a member of the Southeast Florida Chapter of the USCPFA

Sunday, September 6, 2015

SEPTEMBER 4, 2015 - LETTER FROM BINGBING ZHANG


Some of you may remember member Bingbing Zhang who gave a presentation at one of our luncheons about her hometown, school and her plans to obtain her doctorate. We recently received a nice letter from Bingbing on her progress so far in her latest schooling. We are sharing it here with our members.

From: Bingbing Zhang
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 9:48 PM
To: Bingbing Zhang
Subject: Orlando life week 2!

Hello my dears,

I just finished my second week of school and work as a PhD student at University of Central Florida in Orlando. Already had endless book list and papers to be written. The first week during my PhD orientation, our department chair told us it is a 24/7, 364 commitment which made me shiver. However, the choice is made so I will stick with it. Actually, I have wonderful faculty members as teachers, advisors and everyone is very helpful in sharing knowledge and guidance. Last week I had my first quiz for my research which was a nerve racking BIG event before and trivia afterwards. However, there is never a break, there is always a next one. Nevertheless, working with faculty and learning is always fun, at least for now.

Life is good. Unlike my last schooling journey, I was able to take a UCF shuttle from downstairs and get to campus in 15 minutes. Five minutes away is a Publix so my food is secured. A couple bus stops away, there is a gigantic Chinese market that I can get fresh veggies like those in the farmers market back home. I get around without a problem.

I have two female roommates both from China and one of them is also a PhD and also in Early Childhood Education its me. The other one is in engineer so life is good to meet new people and try to live together in peace. My younger roommate suggested a cooking together. Of course, I always participate whenever there is food related as you know. I was very happy I learned with her(both our first time to play with the dough and yeast) because cooking somehow calms me done and it is a relaxation for me. My mother has always wanted me to practice how to make Shaobing(pancake with seasoned green onion) but I never wanted to eat it by myself. Here my roommate did something my mother would appreciate - I made the Shaobing! It was a lot of fun because I worked hard for it and it turned out looking good and tasty. Please see attached photos and I can share the recipe.


I have been learning theorists in early childhood and issues that we need to advocate for the young children. My research class is serious business because my assistant prof told us that she want and hope us to publish journal at least one this year or next year. Pressure is a constant.

That is for now, not too much friends besides my class, department so will write about new friends next time.

Love to all,
Bingbing

No comments:

Post a Comment